The Most Effective Way to Curb Your Dog Waste Troubles
Super Skoopers takes pride in helping our community become a cleaner, healthier place to live. That is why we also offer our services to businesses and other organizations that may need our aid. We work with all types of communities, including homeowner associations, multifamily communities, neighborhood associations, local governments and municipalities. We work alongside community managers to develop and implement comprehensive pet waste management plans designed to meet their specific needs (and budget). If your community has a problem with pet waste, we can make it better. If you have a large outdoor common space in your community, chances are many of the residents are using it for walking or playing with their dogs. This is one of the best uses of parks and community spaces, yet where there are dogs, there often is dog poop. We’d like to believe that all dog owners are always prepared to clean up after their pup, but in reality, many are not, often unintentionally. Super Skoopers is here to propose a solution. We offer pet waste station installation services and can strategically install them in areas where dog owners are likely to need them.
Pet waste stations consist of a bag dispenser, waste bin, and a sign, helping to encourage pet owners to clean up after their pups by making it easier to do so. They offer fresh bags to collect the feces and a waste bin to easily dispose of it. These stations are quite simple and easy to install, yet provide a valuable service that allows both pet-owners and non-pet-owning residents to fully enjoy community spaces. When you choose SUPER SKOOPERS PET WASTE REMOVAL for pet waste station service and maintenance, you will never need to empty a pet waste station, replace liner bags or even inventory your supply of dog poop bags again.
WE PROVIDE DOG WASTE CLEAN-UP AND REMOVAL FOR:
- Homeowner Associations
- Entire Communities
- Pet Friendly Hotels/Motels
- Retail Shopping
- Dog Parks
- Air BnB
- Problem Areas
- Parks and Recreation Departments
- Church Grounds
- Boarding Facilities
- Grooming Facilities
- Real Estate Property
- Real Estate Agents Owners
- Retirement communities
- Assisted living facilities
Community Pet Waste Concerns
In the real estate world, property values are highly dependent on many different factors. If an area is ripe with smelly dog poop, chances are this can lower the property value for homeowners and rental property managers. That’s why every community needs a solution for this common problem before it becomes a nuisance to neighbors and others in the community. Super Skoopers is ready to keep your common areas sanitary and aesthetically pleasing. We can help you design long-term waste elimination plans and maintain the cleanliness of your community.
Dog waste can be a health hazard. Community pet waste services aren’t just a convenience, they’re an important part of a community’s health and vibrancy.
The Dangers of Dog Poop
Dog waste is not only unpleasant but harmful to the environment. and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has deemed it a “nonpoint source of pollution.” A single gram of dog feces can contain 23 million fecal coliform bacteria, which can cause everything from diarrhea and cramps to serious kidney disorders in humans. A 1993 EPA study even estimated that just two or three days' worth of droppings from about 100 dogs in a twenty-square mile drainage shed could produce enough bacteria to temporarily close a bay to swimming and shell fishing.
Ready to get started towards a waste-free community? Here are five steps you can take:
- Call Super Skoopers – We are the premier provider of pet waste management for HOA’s and will work with our customers to create a customized plan for their community.
- Purchase pet waste stations – With the help of our customer care team, clients can choose one of several options to create a customized plan!
- Opt in for our common area cleanings – Even with pet waste stations, some residents still won’t pick up after their pup. We’ll come and clean your property regularly so you can ensure a clean space for each resident and guest.
- Design a dog park – With the assistance of a locally owned and operated landscape company, this will minimize the areas where dogs relieve themselves, and dog owners will be more inclined to clean up after their pets when in the vicinity of other pet parents who are doing the same.
- Educate your community – Informed residents will be better community members. Teach them about the hazards of pet waste through newsletters and community meetings. Let them know what you are doing to combat the problem and how they can help.
If you have any questions about anything dog waste-related, the Super Skoopers team is your go-to resource, and we will be happy to assist you!
Pet Waste Stations
When evaluating pet waste stations for your community, keep in mind that there is no need to commit to just one style. Many of our customers choose different models for different areas. Some areas are more heavily populated and trafficked and others, so they may have greater needs. Our team can help you choose the right model for your needs and can even create a pet waste management proposal for your community free of charge.
Selecting the Best Location for Your Station
Many communities are designed as a loop, which means many dog owners out for a walk will follow a circular path. The best places to install waste stations are at the beginning and end of this loop, as well as at select intervals throughout. It’s important to make sure that owners always have easy access to fresh bags as well as convenient disposal. If stations are too far apart, residents may be less inclined to walk the extra distance, and then more inclined not to pick up after their dog.
In order to maximize the benefits of your pet waste stations, it’s important to make sure they are strategically installed throughout your community. Pet owners will only use them if they are conveniently located, which is why high-traffic areas are often the best places to install these stations. Super Skoopers most often positions stations along paths and in parks and other common areas. The goal is to make it easy for dog walkers to pick up a bag at the beginning of their walk and to dispose of it after their pup does his or her business.
The best place to start when selecting a location is to consider the density of homes in the area. It may sound obvious, but areas where dog owners walk, relax, and play are great potential options. If you are looking at a map to determine the placement of your stations, it is recommended that you also walk the proposed area to ensure it makes sense and that stations aren’t too far apart or too close together. Physically evaluating the region also makes it possible to pay attention to any points where a station may not be suitable.
Pet Waste Station Components
Super Skoopers wants to help you find the best solution for your community so we’ve created what we believe are the smartest designed stations and waste bags in the industry. Pet waste stations have four main components:
- Waste receptacle: Consisting of a large plastic liner, this is where the dog waste goes after residents drop it off.
- Station post: Stations are secured to a durable post, which is the backbone of the station.
- Bag dispenser: This is where owners will grab fresh dog poop bags. Most dispensers we install hold one of two different types of bags: roll-style bags or header-style bags.
- Station sign: All stations will have a friendly reminder sign encouraging dog owners to pick up after their pup.
Pet waste stations are made out of three common materials: steel, plastic, and aluminum, and they can be either lightweight or heavy-duty. Super Skoopers recommends aluminum or powder coated steel. Aluminum won’t rust and powder coated steel resists wear. Plastic may crack and fade in color more quickly and look tired and worn after time.
As far as durability, lightweight metal containers are more prone to falling apart or rusting, which will require more frequent replacement than heavy-duty models. In the long run, lightweight metal and plastic typically result in higher expenses than a heavier duty option.
You should also consider the following:
- Bolts: Are they angled hex bolts or smooth carriage bolts? Carriage bolts will be less likely to catch on and tear the bag when it is removed from the station.
- Hinges: Steel hinges may rust, so look for hinges made of aluminum or powder coated.
Design & Water Tightness
It’s very important that waste stations are protected from the elements and that water doesn’t get into the receptacle box. Simply put, we want to avoid “poop soup” that results from water mixing with dog poop. Plastic stations often have large holes in the side while others have loose-fitting lids, both of which results in water getting inside. The best stations have a mailbox-style chute that closes tightly and is the perfect size opening for depositing waste bags. These chutes also limit the other types of garbage, like everyday household trash, that can be deposited into the receptacles.
Pet waste stations come in several different sizes, shapes, and colors. The most popular stations are usually about six to seven feet tall (including the station sign) and are typically brown, green, or black. Many customers want their pet waste stations to blend in with the surroundings, and these three colors are generally the best to do so.
As far as uniformity of stations, many communities have different sizes, styles, and colors throughout their community. These stations are often placed far enough apart that uniformity is not necessary.
The components of your station are all secured to a central post, which can be either square or a U-channel. Posts can be one piece or two, and square, tubular, or U-channel. Super Skoopers recommends using square two-piece posts, as one-piece posts are challenging to transport and are quite heavy. All of Super Skoopers’ waste stations are two-piece square posts. The posts will be anchored to the ground, so it’s important to be strategic about where they are placed from the beginning.
Almost all pet waste stations have a sign on the top that reminds dog owners to clean up after their pets. You can choose from several different signs to find the one that is most aesthetically pleasing for your environment.
Our Pet Waste Station Options:
For over 5 years, Super Skoopers has been helping communities manage dog waste. We used all the expertise we have gained to provide a line of pet waste stations and bags that both add value and are cost-effective. Call us and we'll create a customized recommendation for stations and their placement based on your community's specific needs.
The Super Skoopers Mini Pet Waste Station
Our most streamlined option offers a bag dispenser on a pole with a sign. *NO Waste Can. Effectiveness is limited, but any solution is better than no solution, and getting waste bags in pet owners' hands is half the battle. Available in roll and header bag styles, green or black.
The Super Skoopers Trailblazer Pet Waste Station (Most Popular)
The Trailblazer Pet Waste Station is an inexpensive, yet more functional solution, complete with both a bag dispenser and an open waste receptacle. We recommend this station for large, open common areas and walking trails. Available in roll bag styles, green color.
The Super Skoopers Executive Pet Waste Station
The Executive pet waste station is an attractive, durable, and effective option for communities looking for sleek, tamper-resistant pet waste stations that contain waste bags and their odor. We recommend the Admiral for use in high-density communities when the station will be located near homes or parking lots. Available in roll style and green in color.
The Super Skoopers Solar Powered LED Waste Station Light
Light the way to your dog waste station after the sun goes down with this solar powered LED Dog Waste Station Light.
- 1-year warranty
- Made of durable, long lasting ABS plastic
- Powered by the sun! No batteries or power required.
- LED light lasts up to 10,000 hours
- Includes all necessary mounting hardware and installation
Pet Waste Station Repair
In many cases, we are able to repair a pet waste station rather than replace it. We will evaluate each station need individually to determine the most effective solution.
We don’t recommend installing waste stations in the following areas:
- Near playgrounds
- In homeowners’ line of sight
- Near windows or doors of a building
- Near park amenities
Placing a station that collects dog poop too close to a beloved communal area may lead to friction with community members and require you to eventually move it elsewhere. Avoid this headache by thoroughly considering your location before installation.
PET WASTE STATION SERVICE PRICING *INCLUDING CAN LINERS!
What Our Services Include
Super Skoopers provides more than just the installation of your pet waste stations. We manage every aspect of them as well including:
- Emptying waste baskets on a weekly basis (or more frequently if needed)
- Collecting and disposing of any waste within a six-foot radius of the stations
- Maintaining inventory of all station supplies
- Restocking the dispensers every week with high-quality, durable waste can liner bags
- Noting inventory levels of stations and making recommendations on service frequency as usage increases or decreases
- Lubricating locks & tightening hardware as needed
- Optional supplying and installing dog waste pick up bags. (Roll or Single Pull)
Pet Waste Pick-Up Bags in 200-count roll form or 100-count Single Pull Bags available and installed at current market price.
BENEFITS OF OUR PLANS:
- Recurring monthly billing (Great for planning & budgeting)
- Reliability and Confidence that our team will be there regularly and stations will not overflow.
- HOA or Management, NEVER has to question the quantity of liner bags used.
- The Best Prices on Pet Waste/Poop Pick-up bags.
- Ability to either supply us with dog waste pick up bags -OR- purchase dog waste pick up bags directly from us and never have to inventory them again. EVER. Only pay for what you use!
Service is only available to communities with a minimal of 2 or more stations per service visit. Stations must be close to main roads or additional charge may occur. Service in selected areas of Lee County, FL.
Have a special request? Working with a tight budget? We can help! Complete the form below today for your free quote or call us at 239-560-6901.